Join MK, Dillon and a group of young people online to make collaborative podcasts about themes that affect you.
In these sessions you can make friends, learn how podcasts are created and get your opinions heard. You can be at the forefront of projects interviewing people or behind the scenes helping out - or both. We will be covering issues like mental health, being a young person in Islington, lockdown life and more.
More information: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07960 215003
Dates and Times:
Monday 11 January, 3.30—5.30pm
Monday 18 January, 3.30—5.30pm
Monday 25 January, 3.30—5.30pm
Monday 1 February, 3.30—5.30pm
Monday 8 February, 3.30—5.30pm
Monday 15 February, 3.30—5.30pm
Bookings: Sign in and register interest below.
Register Interest in Making Podcasts
You need to login first.Register or Login
Before the group chat
- Book online by creating an account. You can book as many sessions as you like.
- Downloaded the Zoom video chat room app and set up an account. There are lots of training videos telling you how to do this. You just need the free version. It works on phones, tablets and computers.
- We suggest young people use first name only for your profile.
- Be on time in the Zoom waiting room before the start of the meeting.
- Tell any other people in your house you are on a Zoom meeting so they don’t disturb you.
During the group chat - the groundrules
- It is up to you whether to have your video on or off but it is helpful to youth workers if they can see everyone.
- Keep your screen mute unless you are speaking.
- If you want to speak indicate with your hand or thumbs up
- Be supportive and appreciative of each other.
- Everything said in the room stays in the room unless there is a safeguarding issue that will need to be addressed.
- Do not take screen shots or photos or record anything.
- You cannot privately message other individual group participants – all messages will go to everyone though you can still send private ones to a youth worker (host)
- If you want to discuss something personal on a one-to-one then send a private message to the host and we will get in touch afterwards.