Health and Safety during the Coronavirus Outbreak
For the duration of the coronavirus pandemic Lift will be operating under enhanced health and safety measures. These are updated on a regular basis as goverment advices changes and we learn the best ways of keeping everyone safe.
- Phased return to the youth programme with numbers controlled through advanced bookings. We have significantly reduced the number of people that will be allowed in the building at any one time.
- Programme start and end times are staggered to minimise the number of people arriving and leaving at any one time.
- We have introduced an entry system with markings on the ground to ensure safe distancing.
- Extra regular cleaning and sanitising is in place, especially of high contact areas and toilets.
- Hand santitiser is available at the entrance to all areas.
- Young people are given advice leaflets containing core government saftey messages around health, hygiene, travel and social distancing and this emphasised in conversations with youth workers and facilitators, especially on the first visit.
- The lift is reserved for people with mobility issues. Everyone else must use the stairs and there is a one way flow system in operation.
- Windows and doors will be left open to maximise airflow.
- We will make use of outdoor spaces for activties when the weather is good.
- All staff have had relevant training and been consulted in the development and implementaion of the measures.
- Specific control measures are developed for each activity area.
Last updated: 3/8/2020 12:40PM